Multiple Choice Questions | Discussion Questions
1. During World War II the government provided subsidized day cares. Discuss the importance of the war time nurseries for women and work.
2. Women were rarely welcome in the male dominated unions of the last years of the nineteenth century. Discuss the reasons for this. Women formed their own groups in the first decades of the twentieth century. How do you think the organization of womens groups effected the attitude toward women in the labour force?
3. Discuss the importance of World War II regarding the nature of women's work.
4. After World War II many women stayed in the work force.What was the significance of the advent of a consumer society and new household technology?
5. With the information learned in this essay, examine the table "Women as Percentage of All Workers in Major Occupational Groups in Canada". Try and account for the trends in the different occupational groups through the years.