Humanities Career Apprenticeship Program
The McMaster Career Apprenticeship Program is an exciting collaboration between McMaster University, Faculty of Humanities and Economic Development, Hamilton. This project is generously supported by the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce and the McMaster Alumni Office.
The program provides one-year, full-time, salary-paid, employment opportunities in Hamilton along with mentorship and networking opportunities for undergraduate Humanities students completing their final year of study in 2020/2021.
Positions will commence in May, 2021 and will continue for 12 consecutive months.
In order to apply for positions under the McMaster Career Apprenticeship Program, students must be:
- full-time undergraduate students registered in the Faculty of Humanities;
- completing their final year of study toward a degree program in the Faculty of Humanities;
- eligible to work in Canada for the full duration apprenticeship;
- in good financial and academic standing; and,
- are able to commit to 12 months of full-time employment in Hamilton, starting in May, 2021
Application and Selection Process
Eligible students can apply for one or more positions of interest with their resume and cover letter on OSCARplus. Some employers may request additional information, including a writing sample, or project work.
Coming Soon: Instructions for how to apply for available positions.
The application deadline is 4:00pm on February 12, 2021.
* Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All applications will be reviewed for accuracy and overall quality. Documents submitted with multiple grammatical errors and/or that contain inaccurate information will be removed.
Tips for Student Success
Although not required, it is strongly recommended that students attend one or more preparation sessions being offered through the Faculty. These sessions will help to ensure that you submit a competitive application that best demonstrates your suitability for the positions that you are interested in.
Students are also able to request support with their applications by filling out an appointment form to meet with the program manager.
Employers will determine which applicants will be selected for an interview.
Once interviews for all positions have taken place, both students and employers will be offered a chance to rank their top three (3) preferred candidates for their position(s).
Once all of the rankings have been gathered, the Faculty will match the applicants with employers based on their preferences.