The Art of Leadership
Mentor Application Form
- Fall 2017: September 1, 2017
- Winter 2018: January 2, 2018
Students who have previously completed HUMAN 3LM3 and who are interested in completing HUMAN 4LM3 in Winter 2018 should submit this request in writing to email@example.com prior to the Winter 2018 deadline date.
Students participating in this program for the first time should complete Humanities 3LM3.
Approved students register in one Lecture slot AND in one Tutorial slot. The tutorial slots correspond to mentor-mentee meeting times.
Thank you for your interest in the Faculty of Humanities’ Art of Leadership programs.
This course will be different from other courses you have taken. Leadership cannot be reduced to a set of facts. Leadership is learned by trying, evaluating, and trying again, and by reflecting on your own experiences and the experiences of others.
This course will involve:
- considerable group discussions and collaborative work
- case studies without a clear resolution, requiring balancing multiple priorities
- regular reflection on weekly topics and mentorship meetings
- ‘real’ leadership experiences where things may not always go according to plan – mentees may not show up, group members may not always cooperate
- a final portfolio project that will pull together theory and practice into a story of your experience in the course
We make the following commitments to you. We will:
- provide you with current, time-tested principles of leadership from multiple perspectives
- share our own stories and experiences with you, and embark on a leadership journey with you
- give regular and timely feedback on your reflections and other course work
- work with you to answer your questions, help you to improve, and assist you in finding solutions to any issues that come up when mentoring